Our open enrollment schedule includes technical courses for IT professionals, developers, database administrators, and help desk staff through our Technical Learning Center (TLC), as well as desktop application courses for information workers (end users) through our Application Solutions Center (ASC). If you don’t find the course you’re looking for, you can also request that a course be added to the schedule. Search our database by learning center, category, topic, course name or course number.
Technical Learning Center
VMware vSphere 5.0
This powerful 5-day class is an intense introduction to virtualization using VMware’s vSphere™ 5.0 including VMware ESX™ 5.0 and vCenter™. Assuming you have little virtualization experience, this class starts with the basics, but rapidly progresses to the critical topics. More than 40% of class time is devoted to labs so concepts, skills, and best practices are developed and reinforced. Many feel that the knowledge and skills learned in the first two or three days alone will multiply your return on investment in this training. By the end of the class, attendees will have learned the benefits, skills, and best practices of virtualization. Attendees will be able to design, implement, deploy, configure, monitor, manage, and troubleshoot VMware vSphere 5.0.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the many significant benefits of virtualization
- Install ESXi Server according to best practices
- Configure and manage local storage
- Create virtual, distributed virtual, and virtual to physical LAN segments
- Understand and use shared SAN storage including Fibre SAN, iSCSI SAN
- Define and use file share (NAS) datastores
- Install, configure, and administer VMware vCenter
- Create virtual machines, install operating systems and applications
- Rapidly deploy VMs using golden-master templates
- Create clones – one-time copies of virtual machine
- Perform VM cold migrations, hot migrations, and Storage VMotion
- Configure, manage, monitor, and secure users and groups
- Understand the benefits and tradeoffs of network, SAN
- Deploy and use VMware Data Recovery to back up and recover VMs
- Create and manage load balanced clusters
- Manage power consumption with Distributed Power Management
- Understand, create, and manage high availability clusters to protect against VM service loss caused by ESXi server failures
- Monitor and tune both ESXi and virtual machine performance
- Patch and update ESXi servers using vCenter Update Manager
- Understand how VMware and third party products, including operating systems, are impacted by virtualization
- Troubleshoot common problems
For more information about this course or for any technical training needs, contact Dave Shriner, Learning Solutions Manager.
Application Solutions Center
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Learn how to harness the features of this powerful, industry-standard image editing package.
AD-PS-BA6-AX Adobe Photoshop CS6 Basic
June 5-6, 2013 (W-Th; 2 days) Pre-register
Photoshop CS6: Basic, ACE Edition, is part of a three-course ILT series that will help students prepare for the Adobe Certified Expert exam for Photoshop CS6. Students will modify digital images to add creative effects and repair defects. After completing this course, the student will be able to use Photoshop CS6 to make selections, create and transform layers, apply image adjustments, retouch and repair photographs, resize images, and use Adobe Bridge to view and organize files.
AD-PS-AD6-AX Adobe Photoshop CS6 Advanced
July 2-3, 2013 (Tu-W; 2 days) Pre-register
Photoshop CS6: Advanced, ACE Edition, is part of a three-course ILT series that will help students prepare for the Adobe Certified Expert exam for Photoshop CS6. Students will modify digital images and learn additional techniques for creating image effects. After completing this course, the student will be able to use Photoshop CS6 to work with multiple layers, use color and gradient fills and adjust color, create layer masks, create and edit vector shapes, and apply a variety of creative effects such as Puppet Warp and Liquify.
AD-PS-PR6-AX Adobe Photoshop CS6 Production
August 29-30, 2013 (Th-F; 2 days) Pre-register
Photoshop CS6: Production, ACE Edition, is part of a three-course ILT series that will help students prepare for the Adobe Certified Expert exam for Photoshop CS6. Students will learn techniques for preparing consistent, high-quality images for both print and electronic media. After completing this course, the student will be able to use Photoshop CS6 to work with camera raw images and automate actions, create panoramas and HDR images as well as simulate effects used in photography, apply color management and print with color management, prepare CMYK color separations, optimize images for online use, and create frame-based and video animations.
For more details on these courses or for any desktop application training needs, contact Amy Siffer, Application Solutions Consultant.